Job Location: United States : New York : New York
This position is responsible for developing and issuing group annuity contracts and other related documents for the Retirement and Income Solutions (“RIS”) organization at MetLife. The Retirement & Income Solutions organization delivers retirement and benefit funding solutions in specialized markets. It is a leading provider of stable value products, structured settlements, annuities for employer plans, and life insurance funding products. The RIS organization works closely with legal and the product and sales teams to develop contracts for existing product sales as well as the contracts required for new product introductions.
- Analyze multiple sources of information, including plan specifications and census data, in order to identify the pertinent facts that describe the group annuity benefits to be purchased under a group annuity contract.
- Prepare detailed proposal letters for pension risk sale opportunities.
- Partner with the RIS actuarial, legal, sales, marketing, pricing, and/ or administrative teams, as needed, to identify product specifications and the appropriate contract requirements.
- Develop contract related forms for existing and new pension risk transfer business. These forms primarily include group annuity contracts, contract amendments, and annuitant certificates.
- Analyze contracts and review applicable laws and regulations to ensure contract forms are filed in compliance with state insurance departments.
- File and negotiate final form approvals with state insurance departments.
- Prepare annuity listings to be attached to the contract documents.
- Support internal and external partners regarding contract provisions, related form filings, product use and availability, and applicable legal requirements.
- Support regulatory filings, using the SERFF electronic filing system, and recordkeeping requirements for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Paralegal or similar legal experience
- 3 years of contract development, compliance, legal, or relevant business experience
- Knowledge of defined benefit plans and ERISA requirements for US Pensions business, a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written communication skills to ensure clear communications for drafting complex proposal letters, contracts and other contractual documents
- Strong verbal communication skills in order to explain technical and contractual issues clearly
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills in order to maintain positive working relationships with associates and customers.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 43782