The Strategic Customer Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for a Contract Innovation Lead that can be located in Somerville, NJ; Cincinnati, OH; Warsaw, IN; Raynham, MA or West Chester, PA.
Contract Strategy, Pricing and Administration are responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMD) Strategic Customer Group (SCG). This department consists of Contract Strategy, Deal Desk and Contract Administration teams. Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options/ parameters by customer segment and sales channels/innovative contracting structures , customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the Deal Desk that serves as the single point of contact for the field and is the rapid response hub for developing contracts. The Deal Desk puts together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, capabilities and T&Cs) for the customer possible. Contract Strategy also collaborates with Contract Administration, the team responsible for executing, uploading and ensuring compliance with the contract, to ensure that the contracting strategies being developed can be executed in the field.
The Contract Innovation Lead is responsible shaping contracting strategies utilizing insights based on analytics for specialized aspects of the SCG business, such as capital equipment bundling, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Regional Purchasing Coalitions as well as risk sharing agreements. As a key member of the Contract Strategy team, the Contract Innovation Lead develops hypotheses related to key trends in these prioritized channels and contracting approaches. The lead designs and conducts analysis to determine total market opportunity, understand areas of discontinuity, such as regional variations and competitive differentiation, quantify the upside / risk involved in various contracting decisions, and support more effective decision making for these evolving aspects of our business. This work will serve as the fact-base to drive the development of innovative contract structures and harmonize contracting approaches for similar customer needs to capture the differentiated value created by the JJMD products and capabilities in an increasingly competitive market. In addition to demonstrating proficiency in the business, ideal candidates will possess a balance of quantitative/qualitative problem-solving skills, technical proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, and excellent written and oral communications. This role will have ultimate responsibility for creating an executable, value creating contracting agenda across a very complex group of customers that represent ~$8B in sales annually, ~6,000 customers / 14,000 customer combinations, segmented into 4 tiers with ~40,000 product category contracts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Utilize baseline experience and expertise in Healthcare industry to closely monitor the changing customer and competitor landscape to develop hypotheses related to key trends in prioritized channels as well as changes in payer behavior and reimbursement models
- Identify data needed and the data sources to assess the hypothesis and the scale and impact of proposals
- Design and conduct analysis to determine total market opportunity, understand areas of discontinuity, such as regional variations and competitive differentiation, quantify the upside / risk involved in various contracting decisions, and support more effective decision making in these evolving aspects of our business.
- Manage engagement with Platform Marketing, HEMA, Account Management and Field Sales to communicate and validate findings to identify implications on JJMD’s strategic priorities, evaluate business opportunities, and support specific customer negotiations
- Coordinate with Platform Marketing to translate brand strategies and pricing guidelines into revenue and margin accretive commercial contracting approaches
- Engage with Deal Desk and Contract Administration to determine the end-to-end process for the execution and administration of the contracting strategies
- Define key messages and timeline to socialize new contracting approaches with Account Management in support of field rollout
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Expand knowledge and experience by regular engagement with key stakeholders to understand business processes, policies, strategies and evolving business trends
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- A minimum of a BA/BS is required. A degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Marketing or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of Total Business experience required
- Health Care industry (Medical Device, Pharma) experience is preferred
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs required
- Ability to develop sound strategies with imperfect data required
- Advanced Excel skills required; Tableau experience preferred
- Ability to challenge status quo and objectively evaluate and prioritize options
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the end-to-end contract continuum required
- Innovative pricing/contract strategies through contract administration is preferred
- Customer experience/negotiations experience is preferred
- Experience working with multiple J&J franchises and sectors is preferred
- Ability to use detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance preferred
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution capabilities, strong program management capabilities and business case analysis skills are also required
- The role will require up to 20 % domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-CincinnatiOrganization
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)Job Function
Contract AdministrationRequisition ID