Are you are an extraordinary leader, with vision and passion for working with others in a results-oriented and quality-focused manufacturing setting? Join Coca-Cola North America as the Contract Manufacturing Operations Manager
in Southern California. This dynamic and charismatic Leader will require a strong background in manufacturing and liquids filling with demonstrated capability to set the direction for a team. This strong leader will drive business results utilizing their strong supply chain background, negotiation skills and influence management while cultivating and delivering a quality and customer service culture.Prior Manufacturing experience in a production and/or Packaging facility is REQUIRED
- Accountable to Director of Contract Manufacturing for achieving manufacturing goals and objectives across multiple third-party facilities. Primary focus will be to manage and lead Contract Packaging efforts supporting the Odwalla supply chain that includes Copack and DSD operations in Southern California.
- Develop and analyze performance data (consumer complaint, order fulfillment, budget variances, schedule attainment, etc.) in order to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving.
- Support Director in resolving Contract Manufacturer operational issues relating to conversion, quality and transportation.
- Support Director and Program Managers on brand innovation project work and on-site implementation.
- Identify supply chain metrics (e.g., forecast variance, total spending, cost savings) using data collection and survey reporting methods in order to monitor and coach for improved performance.
- Responsible for production, quality, customer service and cost goals.
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Adopt and share best ideas inside and outside of the company.
- Demonstrate behaviors needed for effective implementation of change.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are compliant with company specifications and meet customer expectations.
- Satisfy the needs and service requirements of the internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance to company and regulatory policies.
- Bachelor's Degree - Business or Technical. Masters Preferred
- At least 7 years of increasing levels of manager roles of people & processes
- Proficiency in the principles of manufacturing management.
- Proficiency in specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Proficiency in national regulatory requirements in the areas of safety, environment and emergency management.
- Proficiency in basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a Manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
Preferred Level :
- 8+ years manufacturing (production, quality, and/or maintenance) experience
- Preference given to previous plant and/or operations management experience in a hot-fill beverage facility (juice, dairy, brewery, etc.)
- ISO or other management system experience
- Lean, Six Sigma certified
- Food and/or beverage experience
- Relevant SAP application experience
Business Planning: Knowledge of specific supply chain capabilities, strategies and interdependencies to perform short and long-term business planning. Ability to incorporate strengths, weaknesses, external opportunities and threats into business plan strategies and execution tasks.
- Capacity Planning and Management: Knowledge of multiple levels of the supply chain used to analyze contingency points, labor staffing and feedback on supplier capacities. Ability to predict suppliers' capabilities to deliver goods and services necessary based on KO system and industry trends. Ability to translate all supplier capabilities associated with commodities, products and/or services. Ability to align supplier capabilities with Company strategy. Ability to comprehend supply/demand market conditions.
- Contingency Planning: Knowledge of information used to establish contingency plans for supply chain processes (e.g., cost, risk level, manufacturing and third party capabilities). Ability to develop contingency plans that meet performance requirements
- Forecasting - Cost: Knowledge of cost forecasting processes and inputs to determine the impact to KO and/or bottlers. Knowledge of key elements such as raw material costs, economic principles, supplier/processing costs and market conditions.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/reorder levels. Knowledge of asset management procedures, policies and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates (e.g., balance inventory levels against inventory carrying costs).
- Beverage industry knowledge across multiple platforms, knowledge of contract manufacturing and packing networks.
- Understanding / Familiarity with manufacturing processing technology (pasteurization, blending mixing, etc.)
- Understanding / Familiarity with equipment & technology e.g. packaging machinery, fillers. labelers, palletizing etc.
- Understands IE workflow analysis, assembly, line and cell layout, manual packaging.
- Negotiations - Experience in negotiating operating terms in agreements in addition to pricing
- Understanding / Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles
: approximately 50% domestic travel. Valid Passport is recommended Leadership Behaviors:
APPLY BY UPLOADING A COPY OF YOUR RESUME IN WORD.DOC OR PDF FORMAT
- DRIVE INNOVATION : Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS : Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER : Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS : Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS : Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.