- Represent Symantec in commercial enterprise licensing and services activities
- Participate independently in reviewing, negotiating and drafting high value software licenses and services agreements, including enterprise on-premises licenses, managed services, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), cloud, consulting, NDA, RFP, subcontracts and related agreements in support of Symantec's enterprise sales and channels organizations
- Act in both an advisory and a "hands-on" position requiring day-to-day interaction with Symantec sales representatives, consulting services professionals, product managers, finance professionals, and others
- Act as a resource to business units and other legal team members seeking guidance on structuring complex transactions
- Identify and address commercial, financial, legal and operational issues on complex matters and seek advice from management and subject matter experts for complicated issues
- Use good business judgment on issues that are outside of Symantec's established guidelines
- Be a mentor, assisting other more junior negotiators in their duties
- Communicate clearly and effectively both internally and with customers and partners
- Interface with the corporate legal, finance and other supporting cross functional organizations to answer questions and resolve issues related to legal issues in support of transactional business
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of licensing and services issues and related business practices, policies and procedures, and has the ability to apply them to non-standard and complex transactions
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers and build strong relationships
- Proactively make recommendations to management in ways to improve contract templates, processes and policies.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced Degree a plus
- A minimum of 6 years' experience as a contract negotiator at a medium to large technology business (preferably software or cloud), or equivalent experience
- Ability to assess and negotiate contract requirements, special provisions and general terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- Understanding of laws of Latin American countries a plus.
- Work on transactional matters with minimal supervision
- Be proactive in identifying issues in assigned task areas
- Exhibit well developed communication, negotiation and writing skills for the negotiation of software licenses and services agreements of various types
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to draft, negotiate or modify existing templates or contractual instruments such as NDA's, license agreements, cloud, SAAS and other standard software licensing / services selling models
- Working knowledge of contracting through distributors and reseller partners
- Able to effectively communicate contract principles and policy to internal business teams.
- Assist other contract professionals in working with internal or external business teams on issues relative to assigned contracts
- Ensure contract review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Able to provide accurate, high-quality yet practical and concise advice at all levels
- Project management skills, including tracking and reporting skills are a definite plus
- Flexible and adaptable in a changing and challenging environment; able to think 'out of the box' when unexpected/unplanned events arise.
- Confident and professional communication, presentation and negotiation skills; ability to lead multifunctional discussions/meetings with clear agenda and outcome
- Excellent customer focus skills, both internal and external
- Able to set appropriate priorities and manage multiple tasks at once
- Qualified candidates will be self-directed, detail-oriented and motivated; approachable and trustful, demonstrate a high level of accountability, leadership, and decisiveness and the ability to prioritize and execute on multiple priorities.
- Interest & knowledge of technology and current trends in software / IT industry, including cybersecurity and privacy trends.
- Basic IT Literate, with working knowledge of using Microsoft Word.
- Occasional travel may be required
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.