Contract Pro-E Mechanical Designer
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 516138109
A Contract Mechanical Designer job in Cleveland, Ohio is available through Modis Engineering. To be a qualified candidate for this role, this Mechanical Designer must have experience designing in PTC Creo/ProE CAD software. This individual will be responsible for new product design, supporting a team of engineers' modifications and support the construction of functional prototypes. This individual must have knowledge of machining and fast prototyping methods.
This is a 4-6 month contract assignment with an excellent innovative new product development team in Cleveland, Ohio.
This contract Mechanical Designer job responsibilities include:
• Preliminary engineering layout
• Coordinate with product development engineers and industrial designers to create Pro Engineer CAD data
• Refinement of CAD data to support the construction of functional prototypes, utilizing knowledge of machining & fast prototyping methods
• Refinement of CAD data to a production standard, reflecting the critical geometric requirements of mass production technologies including sheet metal forming, plastic injection molding, metal casting, extrusions, etc.
• Using pre-established product specifications identify general hardware, material and components required to complete the mechanical design.
• Accurately represent purchased components in CAD model.
• Purchase hardware, material and component samples as necessary to confirm critical form factors.
• Provide 2D data to our fabrication shop as required to support prototype builds and provide production grade 2D data as required to support our clients' tooling and production programs is a plus.
• No degree required
• Creo 3.0 CAD/PTC ProE (engineer) CAD software design experience
• Component part design, start to finish projects
• Assembly, surfacing, CAD experience and proficiency in complex surfacing, assemblies and mechanisms
If you are interested in this Mechanical Designer job opportunity in Cleveland, OH then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Laura Sanchez at 216-750-6231 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled