Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark is seeking a Contract Specialist and Counsel at Aramark headquarters in Philadelphia. He/she will draft, negotiate and manage complex legal documents such as contracts, correspondence, reports and other forms relating to non-litigation matters, and independently review and ensure customer contracts comply with company policies to best serve the business needs. This role is essential in coordinating and interacting with internal departments and external partners to gather all required contract information. Main Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts, including services, outsourcing, supplier, and subcontractor agreements.
- Review and assist the business in preparing timely responses for proposals, bids and contractual modifications.
- Draft memoranda, responses to RFPs and other correspondence relating to contracting and RFP processes.
- Analyze contractual requirements, special provisions, and legal terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures.
- Identify and provide advice about commercial contractual risks and issues.
- Work directly with internal sales, financial, and operations personnel.
- Negotiate directly with external parties.
- Prepare and disseminate updates and analyses regarding contracting status, compliance and modifications.
- Maintain and update contract-tracking systems.
- Other duties as may be requested by the Aramark Legal Department.
- J.D. required.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant legal experience.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization skills, with persistence and professionalism.
- Ability to work and think independently, possessing sound problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Responsive and client-service focused.
- Willingly accepts additional responsibility, challenging tasks, and/or projects
- Exceptional drafting skills with strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Fully proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with Salesforce.com a plus.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.