The Strategic Customer Group within Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices is recruiting for a Contracting Compliance Analyst, to be located in one of the following areas: Somerville, NJ; Raynham, MA; Cincinnati, OH; West Chester, PA; or Warsaw, IN.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations (GPOs), leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
Contracting is responsible for the development and execution of contract strategy and execution for customers within the JJMD Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contracting includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), Customer Analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations), Contract Administration (Contract execution, loading and tracking compliance) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contracting group works in close collaboration with the field to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer as possible while still supporting the objectives and strategies of the business.
The Contracting Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting Compliance Sr. Analysts in the flagging and tracking of compliance components of contracts. The Contracting Compliance Analyst will support the Compliance Team in reviewing contracts for compliance on an as needed basis (depending on the contract) and raising issues to the appropriate Deal Desk Manager where further action is needed. The Contracting Compliance Analyst will work with Field Sales and Contracting to review Price Exceptions and will manage the Price Exception mailbox, review requests for accuracy, reclassify requests based on review, track requests and outcomes, and develop metrics for Senior Management. In addition to this primary role, the Contracting Compliance Analyst is responsible for interacting and coordinating activities with other aspects of Contract Admin, Legal, Deal Desk, and the Field. The Compliance Analyst will also assist with the coordination of SOX/Internal Audit requests for the SCG Contracting group.
• Contract Compliance Analyst is responsible for conducting customer’s contract performance reviews in accordance with the Contract Compliance Review Plan and coordinate scheduled contract compliance audits with the Field.
• Create contract compliance files, analyze customer’s performance and provide price adjustment recommendations to the Field.
• Ensure all price adjustments are approved and implemented and prepare necessary communication to customers.
• Manage all compliance files and correspondence.
• Work with Field Sales and Contracting to review Price Exceptions. Manage Price Exception mailbox, review requests for accuracy, reclassify requests based on review, track requests and outcomes, develop metrics for Senior Management.
• Escalate as appropriate and ensure adherence to processes in place to handle price exceptions.
• Proactively identify areas of disconnect / process failure and work with the Senior Compliance and Payment Manager, Deal Desk Managers and the Field.
• Support SOX compliance processes as needed.
• A minimum of a BS/BA is required.
• A degree in Business, Finance, or Sales & Marketing is preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Contracting, Quoting, Pricing or related business experience within medical devices is required.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and ability to self-manage in a complex / time sensitive environment is required.
• Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is required.
• Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Account Management, Franchises, Deal Desk Managers and Contract Strategy is required.
• Drive to understand the JJMD products and offerings, strategies and business objectives is required.
• Ability to influence and align complex groups of stakeholders towards overall business objectives is required.
• Strong level of ownership and drive for meeting / exceeding expectations is required.
• Ability to drive adherence to protocols and business rules is required.
• Experience with sales teams, contracting needs and leadership mindsets in the J&J businesses is preferred.
• Comfort working remotely with multiple lines of business is required.
• Deep experience with the JJMD quoting systems and support tools is preferred.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups and macros) is required.
• Proficiency in MS Word including track changes and doc compare is required.
• Familiarity with MS Access for manipulating large sets of data is preferred.
• This position will be located in one of the following areas: Somerville, NJ; Raynham, MA; Cincinnati, OH; West Chester, PA; or Warsaw, IN and will require up to 15% domestic travel.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Ohio-CincinnatiOrganization
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)Job Function