Oracle's Deal Management Organization creates and reviews contract documents for our sales organizations, partners, and end customers. We support the Oracle sales organization to win compliant business while mitigating commercial risk for Oracle, by enforcing internal controls and adhering to corporate business practice and policies. We are part of the Global Finance Operations Team, which is responsible for the revenue quote-to-commission process flow across all lines of business (License, Systems, Cloud, Support, and Professional Services) within Oracle.
This role requires the Spanish language skill. The work will exclusively be in Spanish however, the Contracts Administrator/Deal Specialist will need to communicate with their manager in either English or Spanish.
The Deal Specialist uses Oracle's standard document templates and a playbook of contract options to assemble a contract in accordance with the sales/customer request. S/he also validates that all appropriate Oracle business approvals are secured, and may advise sales on what approvals are necessary for a given non-standard transaction. The Deal Specialist also liaises with Finance, Legal, and other groups across Oracle, per defined engagement guidelines, to ensure policy compliance and mitigate corporate risk. Individuals may cover multiple geographies or lines of business, but are generally focused in a particular product or service area, or set of countries. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle's quarterly and annual fiscal cycles.
1. Assemble and draft contract documents, supporting assigned Oracle line of business, country, or sales organization, following Oracle's global contract process and use appropriate tools and systems
2. Review transactional approvals/executive summaries to ensure appropriate business approvals are secured for any non-standard contract options per the relevant Oracle Global Approval Matrix
3. Review the Partner or Customer Master Agreement to ensure it is valid for the current transaction and meets define Oracle standards
4. Engage, per pre-defined guidelines, with Sales, Legal, Revenue Recognition, and other cross-functional teams on nonstandard contract terms
5. Prepare contract documents and order packages for manager review
6. Receive and Review customer-executed documents, route for appropriate internal signature and submit for Order Processing or Project Funding
7. Manage Sales and Customer expectation on time-to-completion for a given transaction request
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Quality Focused: Ability to independently produce high quality, complete work product while balancing customer need for timely response on simultaneous, in-process transactions
2. Excellent Communicator: Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English, or other local language if applicable; ability to synthesize complex subject matter and convey to internal customers in a simple, clear manner
3. Critical Thinking: Ability to follow established policies and procedures, as well as and problem solve and apply sound judgment when executing non-conforming transactions
4. Flexible: Adapt to changing business rules and environment
5. Professional: Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while maintaining professional demeanor and customer focus at all times
6. Industry, Functional Experience: knowledge of technology industry revenue recognition, business practice, and contracting practices is preferred
7. College graduates with 2-5 years experience
8. Spanish language skill
Processes and invoices customer orders in accordance with agreed contracts. Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle*s risk.
As a member of Contract Management you will assist customers, both internal and external, with license contract interpretation, negotiations and administration of licensing agreements including extensions, new business, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues and consolidations. Draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts. Act as a liaison between consultants, Credit, License, Tax, Business Practices, Revenue accounting, and customers to resolve contractual and consulting business issues. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle*s Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Submit contract order packages to Revenue accounting for order processing and project funding. Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed efficiently. Prepare contract status reports.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and analytical communication skills. Organized and detail oriented. Experience drafting standard contractual documents. Ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines. Proficient in Email, MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Oracle policies and procedures desired. 2 year experience in contracts, purchasing, or equivalent. BA/BS degree, Paralegal Certification or equivalent years of experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.