The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is sourcing for a Contracts Manager to support the Cardiovascular Specialty Solutions (CSS) group.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Contracts Manager will primarily manage contracting for the Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Acclarent and Sterilmed businesses. S/he will report directly to the VP, Law for ASP and Sterilmed and will manage, review, revise, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including but not limited to: Confidentiality Agreements, Consulting Agreements (including health care professional fee-for-service agreements), Supply/Distribution Agreements, Development Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements and Services Agreements. Responsibilities also include oversight of and training on the use of the J&J contract management system (Request Navigator and ICD) and contract basics and processes, as appropriate, and other legal matters.
The Contracts Manager will:
• Oversee and manage the Request Navigator/ICD contracts database on a daily basis, assisted by a contracts paralegal, and will lead review of contract requests made to the Law Department by reviewing contract terms and conditions, negotiating terms with third parties, and maintaining appropriate files and documentation.
• Assist the businesses in monitoring contract compliance to ensure the businesses meet their respective obligations.
• Provide regular contract guidance, mentoring and training to CSS associates, as needed, primarily with respect to ASP, Acclarent and Sterilmed.
• Collaborate with relevant stakeholders, review agreements for accuracy, legality and conformity to business standards and refer legal issues to J&J attorneys for review and direction, as needed.
• Identify modifications and evaluate various contract templates for compliance with evolving business, legal or regulatory requirements, as well as J&J Law Department standards
• Contribute to the establishment and revision of department and business policies, provide consultation during contract negotiations and work with relevant stakeholders to resolve issues in various agreements.
• Participate in special projects that require legal or contracting expertise and may assist employees, outside counsel, government agencies and/or third parties with the collection or preparation of documents and other tasks, as may be required.
• Communicate with outside counsel, representatives of other companies, and other third parties, as needed, and draft, review and negotiate standard legal documents such as letters, memoranda, correspondence, and reports.
• Escalate complex legal and factual issues to J&J Law Department attorneys, and assist in their resolution.
• Assist the CSS Law Department with internal training and creation of presentations and provide other general support to the Law Department as needed working closely with the VP Law, Contracts Paralegal, J&J Law Department, Health Care Compliance and other Contracts Managers and administrators within J&J.
• A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required
• A minimum of 8 years of experience practicing as an Attorney, including experience advising clients on health care matters either in-house (health system, provider or manufacturer) or at a law firm supporting clients in the life sciences industry is required.
• Experience working with large, corporate clients is desired
• General knowledge of corporate contracting, compliance and the medical device industry is required
• Must possess an understanding of the contracting process and working with internal constituents and third parties with creativity and judgment relative to executing jobs
• Must be computer proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as contracting process related software.
• Must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret legal language, including identifying and mitigating risk/exposure points
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently, strong negotiation and interpersonal skills are required.
• Must possess the proven ability to develop effective interdependent partnering relationships with the ability to collaborate with business partners and clients effectively, spending the appropriate amount of time listening to their concerns and needs showing respect and valuing their roles and ensuring that their needs and business goals are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Must exhibit a high level of integrity and willingness to challenge stakeholders on issues arising through the contracts process with the ability to work with minimal supervision or direction using a high degree of independent analytical judgment.
• Must possess strong verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work well individually and in team environment is required
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively in a fast paced deadline driven environment is required.
• The position is located in Irvine, CA and will require very occasional travel
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function
Legal (Non Attorney)Requisition ID