Draft, analyze and execute commercial market access agreements including, PBM, Payor, Medicare Part D, Group Purchasing Organizations, etc. to ensure the agreements meet business, legal, regulatory and operational requirements. Additionally, the role requires a high retention of biotech, specialty pharmaceuticals and payor managed market knowledge with ongoing learning to gain an in depth understanding of the dynamic biotech and pharmaceutical market access landscape.
1. Commercial Contract Management. Accountable for timely accurate analytical review of all documents ensuring the agreements have the necessary language to clarify the intent and to protect Shire from future disputes and unintentional liability. Draft multiple documents relating to the commercial agreements such as offers, amendments, correspondence and new language for the agreements that covers the intent of the parties. Ensure compliance in government pricing, written communication, and full adherence to the SOX Act. (60%)
2. Relationship Management. Collaborate with the government market access team to ensure the agreements are compliant and do not create any unintended penalties or liability to other commercial or government accounts. Collaborate with contracting team to evaluate the agreements and provide any action plan needed to protect Shire from any new or newly interpreted liabilities or concerns. Establish cross-functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the agreements are operational, functional, and interpreted accurately for timely implementation with the accounts. (20%)
3. Market Access Support. Responsible for assigned accounts, account expert for Market Access regarding contractual matters and negotiation concerns. Responsible for accurately tracking all existing contract and in negotiations terms for the accrual, forecast, management and government calculations reporting on a daily basis. Provide training as needed. Assist other Contract Specialists as needed. Collaborate to solve complex problems and potential future concerns. Team lead for future contract system and repository. (20%)
4. Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
• Five (5) years' experience in contracting required, preferably in Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech
• Paralegal Certificate or Associate Degree required
• Bachelor's Degree and/or MBA preferred
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.