Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With general direction from the Contract Manager or Senior Contract Specialist(s), the Contract Specialist supports the development, administration, and compliance of contracts managed through the Procurement department. Working in close collaboration with the Contract Manager or the Senior Contract Specialist(s), this role supports overall contract administration and execution, including the implementation of specific standards and processes for contract administration.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Supports the contract development and maintenance process and ensures consistent management of all contracts.
• Supports the initial development of and continuously maintains standards for contracts, including payment terms and conditions, Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements, and general language and provisions.
• Supports procurement contract negotiations, assisting in low-to-medium complexity, low-to-medium contracts where appropriate.
• Loads and securely maintains contracts in internal databases.
• Maintains database of contract templates and contract records and communicates contract renewal notices.
• Evaluates the terms and conditions of a variety of contracts (e.g., professional services, license, goods and services, confidentiality, consulting).
• Provides administrative support for the analysis and development of strategies for contract negotiations.
• Collaborates closely with various department and category leaders in the contract development process.
• Interfaces with Risk, Legal and HR representatives regarding insurance coverage and Legal and other HR requirements.
• Maintains and communicates deadlines on contract deliverables.
• Reviews contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
• Provides monthly contractual activity report to Contracts Manager.
• Secures Insurance certificates from suppliers and facilitates the Certificate of Insurance (COI) review process with Risk Management team.
• Learns and understands contract language and legal terminology to effectively communicate with legal and other stakeholders.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of contracting concepts and contract laws and regulations, including relevant contractual procedures and practices to appropriately analyze terms and conditions of contracts.
• Develops a proficient understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the company, and applies these requirements to contract activities and documents.
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, corporate policies and project requirements.
• Participates in audits of contracts.
• Identifies and recommends process improvements related to contracting.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with peers, stakeholders and suppliers.
• Monitors contract terms and performance to assess compliance with contractual obligations.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, or Accounting and/or Master’s in Business Administration.
• Minimum of 2 years of supply chain and/or equivalent experience (i.e. Finance, Engineering, Accounting, Transportation, Operations, etc.). (Required).
• Demonstrated experience in a contract management or equivalent role reviewing and negotiating contracts. (Required).
• Direct experience negotiating contracts involving multiple spend categories.
• Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
• Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma experience.
• Ability to recognize and consider inter-dependencies between customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Effective supplier management skills, including the ability to work with and influence supplier executive management.
• Strong analytical skills with a focus on detail, cost drivers, and total cost of ownership.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and stakeholders.
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships while maintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects or tasks with varying and sometimes competing timelines.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.