The Financial Reporting Sr. Manager is primarily responsible for reporting of Frito-Lay North America (FLNA) financial results to PepsiCo, ensuring the timely and accurate close of the General Ledger as well as income tax accounting (i.e. FAS109). Key responsibilities:
- Drive timely and accurate reporting of P&L results and Balance Sheet performance as well as supplementary requirements (i.e. Volume, Q schedules, A schedules, MD&A) to internal management and PEP within period end and quarter end timelines. Provide financial reporting expertise to Frito-Lay Canada and Mexicali, and consolidate results for FLNA.
- Provide detailed knowledge of balance sheet accounts and flow of transactions through quarterly balance sheet reviews. Includes responsibility for all judgmental accruals, such as vacation, bonus, group insurance, other accrued liabilities, and insurance.
- Ensure all system initiatives impacting Oracle G/L are implemented timely, while maintaining all control aspects of the system. Ensure appropriate testing is performed to eliminate any risk of financial statement misstatement or untimely delivery of results.
- Ensure accurate reporting, billing and collection for all intercompany activity, and perform all intercompany elimination entries.
- Ensure qualitative cause of change analysis to internal management on actual results compared to forecast and prior year for all non-performance (HQ General) cost centers.
- Work closely with Tax team to ensure accuracy of effective tax rates calculated and accurate reporting of current and deferred tax balances. Deliver all tax legal entity reporting through Oracle G/L.
- Identify and drive efficiencies to streamline and simplify the financial reporting process.
- Develop team members and provide challenging assignments to enhance the control talent bench.
- Ensure SOX compliance in areas of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA and Public Accounting experience required
- 5+ years accounting/public accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience and strong working knowledge of business processes and controls
- Ability to interact and present to senior leaders
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence others at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, multi-task and ensure deadlines are met
Not Eligible for Relocation