Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, develops, installs and maintains large-scale Energy Management and Sensory Solutions for commercial customers, as well as state and local government agencies and municipalities. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company designs, builds and maintains customized solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers.
The Sensory Solutions Group leverages Panasonic's global expertise in audio-visual technology to design, engineer, install, maintain and operate some of the largest and most spectacular entertainment systems in the world, ranging from those in official Olympic venues, to Guinness World Record LED video signs. Our newly established Connectivity Solutions team develops industry-leading Ultra High Density wireless connectivity infrastructure deployed in stadiums, arenas, exhibition centers, airports and other venues where client density overwhelms legacy telecom infrastructure.
The Energy Solutions Group provides comprehensive energy solutions, including commercial and utility-scale solar arrays, large-scale battery storage, telecommunications energy management and other energy solutions that support our customers' business goals and sustainability objectives.
Both the Sensory Solutions and Energy Solutions Groups of Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company share a foundation built on customer focus, deep engineering knowledge and the global financial strength of the Panasonic Corporation.
We currently have an opening for a Control Room Operator III.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Control Room Operator III is a very experienced and senior operator that will directly manage the real time floor and support the NOC supervisor. The CRO III is primary responsible for all remote operations of projects and bulk electric system components. The CRO III will direct all functions of the CRO’s I & II and execute one the job training (OJT) of the junior operators. The CRO III will assume all responsibilities of the NOC supervisor in their absence.
Real Time Monitoring
- Respond to alarms and malfunctions of power plant operations and take the necessary corrective measures
- Identify events and trends as they occur in real time to minimize downtime or identify safety issues.
- Collaborate with the Regional Maintenance Managers to ensure proper outage planning for all sites under O&M Cognizance
- Supervise 24*7 telecom support, provide back-up support to CRO’s I & II.
- SME with all O&M software tools including Maximo and various SCADA and monitoring systems.
- Maintain prudent industry standards when operating grid-tied generating facilities.
Notification and Documentation Management
- Maintain control room log, review and approve switching procedures, review and approve Lock-Out/Tag-Outs, review and approve MOP’s, create work orders in the CMMS system.
- Make notification to O&M customers, utilities, telecom providers or any other stake holders when O&M is contractually obligated to make notification.
- Assist the Supervisor, Integrated Solutions in maintaining NOC operating procedures, project drawings and other documentation.
- Assist the NOC Supervisor to implement, manage, update and maintain plant procedures, site policies, training programs, safety programs and work practices.
- Execute energy forecasting requirements for utility scale generating facilities
- Interpret and execute complex contracts (PPA’s, LGIA’s, O&M agreements)
- Enforce OSHA requirements on sites with regards to work authorizations, LOTO program, and electrical safety
- Provide a secondary safety back-up to on-site technicians and engineers.
- Ensure site policies are adhered to by all CRO’s.
- Report all safety items and near misses to the NOC supervisor.
- Maintain voltage schedules on plants that have a contractual obligations to do so.
- Have deep knowledge of electrical substation equipment and components.
- Operate multiple power plants IAW regulatory operating requirements (i.e. CPUC/WECC/Prudent Utility Practices)
- Interpret electrical drawings and diagrams, for remote control operations. #LI-MJ1
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in engineering field or formal operations apprenticeship training or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electrical generating facilities, PV Solar knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of bulk electric system (BES) system operations and regulations.
- 6-10 years of control room experience.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop solutions, and conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to prioritize work and produce professional and accurate results under aggressive timelines
- Proficient computer skills using MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in SCADA systems and web based monitoring/ asset management platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to perform operational cost-benefit analysis.
- Experience working computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Implementation of procedures and processes for a variety of applications.
- Knowledge of interconnected power systems.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and contract documents.
- Extensive experience in power plant and system processes, operating electrical transmission/distribution systems.
- Experience using analytical software to analyze equipment performance and identify performance
- Experience SQL
- Experience with PVSyst or other PV performance products.
- Project Management experience required.
- Daily work will require interfacing with senior management, external clients and product manufacturers, often requiring coordination of activities across the company.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.