At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Control Systems Engineer for the Materials Resource Division's (MRD) Chemical Facility located in Decatur, Alabama. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Control Systems Engineer will primarily be responsible for providing engineering expertise and technical assistance in the area of control systems with a focus on installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing DCS, PLC's, Drives and HMI's.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing daily technical assistance to maintenance, process and production personnel in diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining root cause failures.
- Developing and implementing strategies to maintain, upgrade or replace legacy platforms.
- Leading cross functional teams to recommend, initiate and complete control system improvement projects.
- Providing control system theory and programming training to maintenance craft employees, control system technicians and control system engineers.
- Supporting corporate, division and plant engineering groups with the planning and installation of capital projects.
- Ensuring accuracy of plant electrical documentation including elementary drawings, process flow diagrams and P&ID drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience with programming and installation of control systems
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Controls engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with Delta V DCS, Allen Bradley PLC's and variable frequency drives is preferred
- Experience with IFIX scada systems is preferred
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.