The Finance Director will work very closely with Senior Management and will support cross-functional relationships with Oracle's Finance, Sales, Legal, Human Resources, Tax and Treasury organizations, in addition to acting as a liaison with corporate lawyers, auditors and advisors, Central Bank authorities and other government institutions as required.
• Fiduciary responsibility for Oracle as a Corporation and for Oracle's legal entities, as a member of the legal entity Board of Directors, to ensure that Oracle complies with all financial and tax regulations in country; to safeguard the legal entity operations from financial and operational risks, resulting from non-compliance with local country laws and regulations and to ensure that the legal entity adheres to Oracle's Global Finance Policies.
• Act as an independent advisor to the business, managing and coordinating the relationship with external professional advisors (including auditors, tax advisors, legal counsel), on issues which present a financial, operational or compliance risk for the legal entity.
• Ensure that local legislation and Oracle's Global Finance Policies are applied and followed in all areas of finance, including globalised and localized process areas: Order to Cash, Source to Settle, Logistics, Treasury & Cash Management.
• Assessment and review of the operating cash flow, dividends and solvency requirements of the legal entities liaising with Tax, Legal and Treasury.
• Lead a team of Financial Controllers and professional Senior Accountants responsible for US GAAP, SEC 10-Q, 10-K filings and information for the earnings release, in addition to local GAAP reporting requirements and local country compliance, including statutory audit of financial statements ensuring all filings are completed within required reporting dates.
• Manage monthly and quarterly close cycles, ensuring that US GAAP financial reporting is performed timely, in accordance with corporate close guidelines, reviewing income statement and balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements.
• Lead the preparation and audit of the statutory financial statements ensuring that the financial accounts are prepared in accordance with local GAAP, and that all supplementary books and records are maintained in accordance with local accounting and tax code requirements.
• Oversee the relationship with external auditors, coordinating all parties to ensure that the audits are planned, resourced effectively, executed efficiently and timely.
• Review and approval of all material expenditure and disbursements including Payroll, Sales Tax, Income Tax and Intercompany settlements, in line with the Global Source to Settle Policy.
• Responsible for resource assessments, including recruitment, performance management, and development of talent within the GCO to achieve organizational objectives.
• Collaborate with Global Finance Organizations including, Global Business Finance, Global Payroll, Order to Cash, and Source to Settle for problem resolution and business process improvements.
• Support Internal Audit and SOX PMO on the assessment of internal controls, implementing recommendations, reinforcing controls for deficiency and maintaining updated documentation on local processes
• Collaboration with Tax organization on tax authority information requests and audits.
• Support that best practice system processes and controls are implemented for the Corporation and legal entities to comply with all internal and external financial reporting obligations.
• Direct through a team of Financial Controllers the GCO finance integration for merger and acquisition activity, including due diligence reviews, on-boarding and redeployment or exit of acquired entity personnel.
• Assists in the development of objectives and planning to achieve Global & Regional strategic initiatives that optimize and enhance the operations of the Chief Accounting Officer organization.
• Professional Accounting Qualification, CPA or local country equivalent is required.
• MBA is a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience including progressive experience with multinational companies. Technology sector or "Big 4" public accounting experience preferred. (5-7 of which must be at management level).
• Good understanding across the breadth of finance responsibilities including, accounting, revenue recognition, treasury, tax, business practices, etc.
• Knowledge and experience with international accounting, finance and tax regulations.
• Excellent leadership, strategic planning and team building skills.
• Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focused.
• Ability to immerse oneself to understand problems and propose solutions.
• Influencing and persuasion skills at senior levels.
• Ability to effectively manage a multi-location organization and adapt to different cultures.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management.
• Project Management capabilities - the ability to plan, initiate, monitor and implement projects within a team.
• Ability to identify and execute operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives to improve resource optimization.
• Manage conflicts and /or stressing situations politically, avoiding fraction and escalation.
• Knowledge and experience of ERP systems, including Oracle and Hyperion is an advantage.
• Fluency in both Spanish and English.
• Ability to travel internationally.
Rocklin, CA. 95765 (Near Sacramento)
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations.
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations. Provides tax, insurance and other reports needed by governmental regulations. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems needed to maintain reporting specifications. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of accounting. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.