Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center - Cypress, Texas Controller II
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center
has offered a wide array of health services and specialties.
At Cy-Fair Hospital
, you'll find 24-hour emergency care, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.Cy-Fair Hospital
works to meet the community's needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours. Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
is currently looking for a Controller II.Responsibilities:
- Coordinates provision of required services by outside sources in accordance with contracts or agreements approved by the Medical Staff and/or Hospital administration and strives for adherence to approved budget.
- Actively participates in the development of an annual operating budget by the Department in collaboration with Hospital Administration and strives for adherence to approved budget.
- Promotes the integration and coordination of Departmental functions with other Departments and Services within the Hospital through developing and implementing collaborative standards, participating in interdepartmental quality assessment and improvement activities and providing mechanisms to promote communication in the Department.
- Reviews transactions and makes recommendations regarding generally accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintains general ledger and is responsible for monthly closing activities.
- Supervises payroll activities.
- Monitors cash flow via supervision of accounts payable activities.
- Responsible for verifying projections on Daily Operations report.
- Supervises the posting of Medicare and Medicaid logs.
- Performs various financial analysis reviews.
- Supervises daily activities of the Accounting Department.
- Assists in the determination of personnel requirements for the Accounting Department and recommends and implements policies and procedures to maintain an adequate number of competent staff.
- Assists in the formulation of individual positions required within the department with specification of personnel requirements for these positions.
- Interviews applicants for all positions and makes recommendations for hiring in accordance with Human Resources Policies.
- Makes recommendations for addition and deletion of particular positions within the department based on operational requirements.
- Follows established Human Resources Policies for the evaluation, promotion, and termination of individual staff members.
- Establishes and implements an ongoing program of orientation and ongoing training for personnel assigned to the Accounting Department.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies required in the provision of departmental services in optimum operational status with procurement or replacement of equipment as needed.
- Facilitates communication between the Accounting Department and other hospital departments to enhance services.
- Maintains high degree of competency in the provision of department functions in order to provide appropriate supervision of personnel directly responsible for these functions.
- Maintains all operational policies and procedures within the Department to ensure the provision of efficient and effective functions and services.
- Bases decision making on sound principles related to cost containment in the Department.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Maintains own professional growth through appropriate organizations, workshops, seminars, and other educational endeavors.
- Encourages professional development of personnel in the Accounting Department.
- Determines priorities for activities of self and other personnel in the Department based on current demands for service.
- Maintains awareness of current trends/changes, regulations and legislation in the field.
- Ensures that problems or concerns regarding the Accounting Department and other related areas are communicated with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- Experience in mainframe accounting systems and PC based systems required
- Minimum of three (3) years of healthcare experience required
- Two (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity required
- Utilizes specialized knowledge of accounting principles and practices; procedures required in the provision of accounting services in the evaluation of personnel
- Management principles in the provision of direction to personnel within the Department.
- Utilizes all equipment in the Department effectively and safely with ability to train and supervise others in the use of this equipment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom