Job Description: COMPANY OVERVIEW
Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com
or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION OVERVIEW
As part of the Finance function, the Controllership
team conducts the financial and accounting operations of Johnson Controls. The North America Controllership team is located in Boca Raton, Florida. This position is with the accounting operations team supporting the North America Integrated Solutions & Services business units, Johnson Control's largest business segment.
North America Integrated Solutions & Services designs, sells, installs, services and monitors integrated electronic security systems and integrated fire detection and suppression systems for commercial, industrial, retail, small business, institutional and governmental customers in North America. We are looking for talented Finance Interns to join our Controllership Accounting team in Boca Raton, FL! Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting accounting operations in support of Tyco's North America Integrated Solutions & Services business units. This includes responsibility for, but not limited to, day-to-day general accounting, judgments with regard to the application of accounting principles and policies, financial reporting, external/internal audit coordination and participating in process improvement initiatives.
- This position will participate in refining various Accounting Center of Excellence processes, with a focus on leveraging best practices across North America and driving efficiencies to improve the monthly closing process, the monthly account reconciliation process and the work streams supporting these activities.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
- Qualified majors: Accounting (preferred) or Finance.
- Previous business internship/co-op experiences with strong business acumen beneficial (preferable not required)
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Strong Microsoft Excel spreadsheet proficiency.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to solve programs.
- Detail oriented with ability to learn quickly.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Introductory knowledge of accounting regulations (US GAAP) and internal controls.
ABOUT JCI'S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
- Assignment starts June 2017, must be able to start within this timing.
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.