We are looking for a highly-motivated individual to join the Microsoft Latin America (LATAM) Controls & Compliance team. The mission of our team is to inspire and protect trust across customers, partners and employees, while driving and maintaining a strong culture of compliance through a well-designed framework and governance process.
This role will partner with the business and work closely with the LATAM Controls & Compliance team to ensure consistency and efficiency on key controls, processes, and compliance programs. This role will drive the overall rhythm in LATAM, run the HQ compliance processes, and serve as compliance advisor to senior business partners.
This position reports to the LATAM Controls & Compliance Lead.
• Orchestrate the rhythm of the business for Controls & Compliance in LATAM, including the engagement with Business Segments and Finance Controllers communities
• Drive key Corporate compliance processes with the LATAM Controls & Compliance Managers, such as our annual risk assessment, partner vetting, commitment-setting and Business tone at the top communications
• Drive the implementation of control standardization and centralization initiatives, such as the implementation of a purchase order desk and proof-of-execution control desk, to ensure consistency across LATAM, and to improve the experience with our Business
• Develop and drive implementation of local processes and solutions that will be leveraged by the LATAM Controls & Compliance and finance communities, such as subsidiary compliance training programs, internal audit preparation programs and compliance culture-building activities
• Lead best practice adoption to and from LATAM
• Lead the compliance rhythms of the Area HQ entity, such as leading the compliance committees, internal control assessments and internal audits (if any)
• Provide compliance consulting and support to senior business partners
• Drive the Business Compliance Champs communities, consistently across LATAM, including community content, agendas and rhythms
• Actively participate in two of the global compliance workstreams (Compliance Programs and Spend & Inventory)
Experience and skills:
• Strong ethics, integrity and accountability with ability to maintain independence and confidentiality
• Experience managing processes in a multi-country region and in a complex and fast-paced business environment
• Strong communication and cross-group collaboration skills
• Growth mindset and willingness to drive with a “hands-on” attitude
• At least, 10+ years of experience in finance and compliance; technical proficiency in accounting, compliance and audit
• Fluent in English and Spanish.
• Portuguese an asset.
• Ability to travel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.