The mission of Johnson Controls is to provide solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world. As part of Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business, we apply this mission to buildings, providing solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable building environment for owners and occupants.
This individual will be joining the team that performs development, modeling and simulation of advanced controls for Smart Building products used by our customers to run their buildings and manage their energy costs. Work as part of a team under the close direction of experienced engineers to apply and enhance your engineering development skills across applications, products and tools. An ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about HVAC equipment, its operating characteristics, building automation and have prior experience working in an industrial area related to the above disciplines. Principle Duties
- Contribute to development, testing and support of smart control related products.
- Apply robust design methodologies and engineering principles to develop and realize solutions.
- Work independently on the development of advanced control algorithms
- Implement optimization and learning algorithms to improve comfort while reducing costs
- Collaborate with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software developers, cloud developers and UI developers to realize cutting edge products and solutions for our customers
- BS or MS in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Strong academic performance, minimum 3.5/4.0 GPA is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in controls engineering or closely related discipline is preferred
- A background in feedback control theory or optimization is required.
- A background in machine learning, system identification and neural networks is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer, system modeling, and numerical methods is preferred
- Experience with software development in C, C++ or C# is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and independently is required.
- Strong experience with MATLAB and Simulink is required.
- Experience with Simulink Code Generation, System Identification, Control Design, Simscape and/or Statistics and Machine Learning toolboxes is preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills are required.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.