Using Six Sigma methodology, the Controls Engineer leads and participates in large & small projects and cross-functional project teams to deliver project cost, quality, and time objectives established by the Champion and his/her Plant Manager.
Primary Duties: • Troubleshooting and working with Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI Programming (RSView, Panelbuilder, RS Logix500, RS Logix5000)
• Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to drive Breakthrough/Best-In-Class Performance improvement on large projects that involve Divisional related opportunities and requires a broad knowledge of various business functions.
• Leads and participates a portfolio of projects that have significant economic impact on the business objectives.
• Prepares and participates in project progress reviews with Master Black Belts, Champions, and other appropriate leadership levels at least on a weekly or monthly basis.
• Seeks out and secures team members and their participation on projects.
• Identifies barriers to project success and leads efforts to eliminate the barriers. Prepares detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of quality and savings goals for individual projects as well as other Green Belt projects.
• Documents improvement process learning and champions best practices with other team members via the Lessons Learned document system.
• Directs implementation of process changes, and installation of any new equipment.
• Corroborates with plant Safety, Environmental, Quality, and manufacturing personnel to ensure that manufacturing and facility processes and equipment produce a product that meets all Safety, Environmental, Quality and Engineering standards.
• Elimination of reoccurring downtime through engineering changes and improvements.
• Daily interaction with manufacturing employees, maintenance employees and leadership team in understanding plant focus and barriers to performance.
• May be required to work other shifts as needed.
• Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications Hardware and software skill sets:
• Must have Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI Programming (RSView, Panelbuilder, RS Logix500, RS Logix5000)
• Siemens (TI) PLC Programming
• Robotic Programming
• Servo and motion control systems
• Networking and Server Experience (Indusoft, Bizware)
• AutoCAD, SolidWorks
• Microsoft Office, Lotus notes, Minitab
• Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing or related discipline, preferred.
• Ability to become a highly effective communicator: verbal, written, and presentation.
• Project Management experience (Direct people, manage project budgets, create effective time lines)
• Bachelor degree, with minimum 2yrs of experience in a manufacturing environment.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.