The mission of Johnson Controls is to provide solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world. As part of Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business, the Controls & Systems Engineering team applies this mission to buildings, providing solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable building environment for owners and occupants.
The Controls Staff Engineer will be joining the team that develops advanced controls for Chillers and Smart Building products used by our customers to run their buildings and manage their energy costs. Work as part of a close knit team of experienced engineers to apply and enhance your engineering development skills to develop applications, products and tools. This position is based in York, PA.
As a member of the Controls & Systems Engineering team, the candidate will assist the Engineers in the developing, testing and supporting of controls for Chiller Solutions' products. This individual must be an analytical thinker and must be disciplined in applying robust design methodologies and engineering principles (modeling, simulation, statistics, data acquisition etc.) to develop and realize solutions. This individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently but must also be able to interface directly with electronics engineers, mechanical engineers, software developers, systems engineers and research engineers to develop system wide solutions.
#nextchapter Job Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline. MS degree preferred in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience with The MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink products such as optimization features, navigation, configure shortcuts and integrate with other MathWorks tools and generate code
- A background in feedback control theory, thermodynamics and heat transfer, optimization, or systems
- Minimum 10 years of experience in control design and development
- Familiar with commercial or industrial control systems
- Demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and independently is required
- The ability to apply analytic methods to realize solutions is required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills is required
- Minimum 10 years' experience including demonstrated performance of creative application, design and development
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.