For thirty years, Nestlé Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce 30 million cases of Fancy Feast® and 10 million cases of Beneful® Prepared Meals – two flagship Purina brands. Joining the Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential.
Your role in the bigger picture is to do troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems. Will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment. Will work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next?”
- Configure, program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Perform Preventive Maintenance for controls and organize electrical/control parts inventory
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Associate of applied science in a technical discipline with 6+ months' experience with PLC’s, or networking across multiple platforms, or related
- Technical certification (MCSE, MCA, CCIE, etc) with 2+ years' experience with PLC’s, or networking across multiple platforms, or related
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.