Since 1997, our King William factory has been a major producer of the nation’s cat litter supply. Located on Tidy Cat Road just 25 miles northeast of Richmond, our 40-acre plant site is built adjacent to a 486-acre clay mine, so we’re able to efficiently and effectively mine, process, package, and ship raw material and finished product from the same facility. We are a Continuous Operation, with alternative shift options to mass produce both our conventional and clumping cat litter that supplies the mid-Atlantic region with nearly a third of a million tons annually—and over half a million tons by 2016. For 50 years, brands like Tidy Cats® have combined the highest quality ingredients and science to even the most disposable products. The 70’s advanced into microencapsulated deodorant, by the 90’s we were clumping and scooping, and in 2000 we introduced Crystals® made from silica gel, and designed to last 30 days between changes. Innovation continues today. In 2013, Purina revolutionized the cat litter category, producing LightWeight® litter, which has all the strength, but only half the weight of conventional litter. These and future innovations have created demand that our King William, VA plant is proud to meet.
Our Controls Technical Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC based automation systems. Will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment. Will work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
- Configure, program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Perform Preventive Maintenance for controls and organize electrical/control parts inventory
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PC-based HMI-systems
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's preferred
- Exprience with 480 volts preferred
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.