At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:Aearo Technologies LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of 3M Company, is seeking a Converting Utility Operator for the Automotive & Aerospace Solutions Division located in Newark, DE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Converting Utility Operator
will be responsible for packaging, assembling and edge spraying finished goods per Customer specifications. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Knows and understands all machine safety requirements
- All documents and forms MUST be obtained from Acura 2
- Applies edge spraying as required
- Performs hand lamination and assembly of parts
- Operates baling machine and scrape disposal as required
- Performs pulling, sorting, packaging and labeling of parts
- Working from written and verbal instructions, produce customer parts following shop order and working file
- Advise Supervisor of any discrepancies to job order
- Work from pick tickets and drawings
- Verify pick tickets to ensure part numbers, revision level, tolerance and material used for accuracy
- Perform in-process quality checks of parts against print
- Use a variety of general precision measuring and cutting equipment
- Maintain required records
- Move and lift materials as necessary in the performance of duties as directed
- 5S Participation
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Strong math skills
- Experience with computer software such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma
: Newark, DERelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.