HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
This is an Executive level position responsible for the providing strategic input and tactical execution of all CSC/CDC and facility Supply Chain Operations for a multi-hospital Division(s) (14 to 20 facilities). The COO is responsible for all logistics, inventory management and facility supply expense management, and serves as the liaison for the transactional processing of purchasing and customer service for the assigned facilities. This position may also provide operational oversight for other support services as applicable to the specific division. The Chief Operating Officer collaborates regularly with value analysis, clinical integration, other transactional processing services, and support services. This individual is jointly responsible for managing $250 - $650 million in annualized supply expenses and over $20 million in capital expenditures, through reviewing and optimizing the current GPO contract portfolio, developing comprehensive clinical and utilization protocols, and developing and executing a product standardization plan for the entire Division. This position assists the Supply Chain CEO in recruiting, directing, managing and evaluating over 175 FTEs located at the division, hospital or remote locations through an annual operations budget of $15 to $40 million. This individual is responsible for building strategic relationships and ongoing alliances with key hospital and Division(s) C-suite leaders and other stakeholders.
- Develop and assist the CSC CEO and their respective divisions/markets to manage operations to an annual aggregate budget
- Manage the global supply chain performance metrics to ensure operation performance goals are met throughout the division
- Identify and drive execution of continuous improvement opportunities within supply chain operations based on results of operating and financial performance indicators
- Successfully migrate new facilities to the standardized Supply Chain operating platform
- Represent HCA in industry group settings and seek knowledge of supply chain strategies from the industry
- Drive and maintain division executive management emphasis on maximizing the capabilities and new initiatives created by Supply Chain
- Coordinate and analyze the success of annual Facility, Division, and Supply Chain audits and ensure that corrective actions are initiated to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Coordinate quarterly SOX auditing procedures with the Supply Chain CFO for compliance to policies
- Support the Supply Chain CEO in minimizing overall costs and maximizing the savings and benefits attributable to implementation of the Supply Chain business plan
- Manage and execute new Supply Chain initiatives as assigned
- Identify and develop future strategic plans associated with the Company/Division/Supply Chain activities impacting the CSC and facilities
- Ensure consistency in the CSC operating platform, which includes purchasing, warehousing, transportation, and coordinate with the Director of Operations on facility supply chain functions
- Interface with the GHX liaison on master file related operational issues, and implement changes as needed
- Help guide the Education Manager in the areas of training/education that the employees under his/her direction may need
- Works with the Facility or Market SCD's to ensure efficient timely operations at the facilities and CSC by proper coordination of activities that impact both areas
- Work with the CFO and Facility SCD's to coordinate physical inventories at the CSC and the facilities
- Work with the Division Director of Pharmacy (where applicable) to coordinate the warehousing and distribution of pharmaceutical items from the CSC
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Financial or operational hospital or healthcare related experience required. Clinical understanding preferred. Supply Chain understanding strongly preferred (if no direct supply chain background/experience).
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom