Redmond Regional Medical Center - Rome, GA
Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed facility, serving as a referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. Including its healthcare partners, Redmond has over 245 physicians with more than 30 specialties and a support staff of approximately 1,100 associates.
With outstanding medical care and attention available 24/7, the hospital offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region. Redmond Regional Medical Center
is looking for a Hospital Cook (Full-Time).
Must have flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
**Primary shift is 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.**
The Cook prepares, seasons, cooks foods, prepares salads & desserts and serves foods for hospital patients, and customers. Responsible for ensuring the highest quality of food services to all customers and following dietary guidelines established by department dietitians and managers.
- Responsible for providing a positive servant leadership to the department & hospital.
- Must work effectively with other Food Services staff.
- Must be a self starter and results oriented.
- Responsible for actively participating and putting to work staff training of proper culinary procedures, food preparation, diets and nutrition training.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining a safe working environment throughout the department.
- Responsible for food and equipment safety; having a strong food and equipment safety awareness; and maintaining high quality Food Services standards and compiling with regulatory agencies standards.
- Works with the Production Manager & Executive Chef to ensure proper & adequate daily food preparation and service activities.
- Must work with associates & customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Takes ownership of production & quality issues.
- Responsible for working within budgetary guidelines and maximizing food & supply usage, while minimizing waste.
- Must actively work with associates & customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining quality control, HCAAP and Critical Control Point controls and monitors' records.
This position may be required to perform cleaning and sanitation assignments, including floor, wall, hood cleaning, dish & pot washing, lifting, moving, properly storing of foods, supplies, equipment, furniture & delivery of patients trays, delivery of nourishments.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma of GED is preferred, but not required.
- One year of food service experience is desirable.
- Technical or Vocational in food service desirable, but not necessary. Ability to use and operate department equipment, and read and follow department guidelines, protocols, and policies.
- Must have basic arithmetic skills.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Have the ability to learn to address age appropriate considerations and safety needs of the patient populations and customers of the Food Services department.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom