Full Time Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Texsan Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision, prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in appropriate quantities while following menus, recipes, and production sheets and maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. Communicates with other production staff regarding menus, recipes and portion sizes.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Obtains food ingredients and supplies from storage areas as required for daily operations.
2. Reviews production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
3. Prepares and seasons a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes.
4. Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; Tests foods for quality and completes production sheets.
5. Demonstrates, understands, and practices safe food handling techniques. Including dating/labeling, time/temperature measurements, correcting critical control issues.
6. Corrects issues with food/equipment as quickly and appropriately as necessary to provide all customers with a quality product.
Minimum Education and Experience:
2 years food service experience preferred, 1 year required; relevant culinary education can be substituted for experience.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom