Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a valuable member of our team, it will be your responsibility to help prepare food for the lodge restaurant, the boat, and the staff; prepare various foods as directed and help on the lines as requested being sure to check for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items; demonstrate knowledge of all food preparation, food storage, proper cooling, and cooking techniques and works all stations within the kitchen while maintaining the preparation, organization, and stocking of the stations; perform cooking techniques and a la carte service with slight to minimal supervision for short periods of time; ensure thorough cleanliness of the kitchen; maintains up-to-date kitchen logs; attain knowledge of environmental management system and uses this knowledge in performing the job; possess all knowledge and performs all tasks associated with the Cook 3 and Dishwasher positions.
As a team member you will be expected to follow all Aramark, National Park Service, and Glacier Bay Lodge policies and procedures pertaining to health, safety, and environmental practices, while consistently exhibiting the WEST guest philosophy and demonstrating integrity and respect in all you do. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Sets up and breaks down work stations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Completes daily temperature logs
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Evaluates food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Cuts, trims, bones, and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Takes initiative during down-time by finding tasks to do that will help provide our guest with exceptional experience, increase efficiencies, and helps out other team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic cooking techniques, batch cooking, and al a carte service with moderate supervision and should be able to perform with slight to minimal supervision for short periods of time.
- Possessess all knowledge and performs all tasks associated with Cook 3
- Supports others in the kitchen with a variety of different tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning, mopping, prep work, and basic cooking (grilling, sautéing, baking, and frying) as well as batch cooking being sure to prepare food in accordance with the direction of the chef and in accordance with standardized recipes.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables by pealing and cutting them as directed by the chefs.
- Prepares and creates cold food options and cold food trays for guests and team members including, but not limited to, salads, dressings, fruit, and box lunches.
- Transfers desserts on to plates ready as needed and/or as directed.
- Utilizes attention to detail to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Practices all HACCP, food safety, and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Attains extensive knowledge of how to correctly use kitchen equipment such as steamers, ovens, mixers, grills, and other equipment.
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.