Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As a valuable member of our team, it will be your responsibility to prepare food for the lodge restaurant, the boat, and the staff; support others in the kitchen with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning, prep work, basic cooking (grilling, sautéing, baking, and frying), batch cooking; set up, clear, and break down work stations; ensure thorough cleanliness of the kitchen; maintain up-to-date kitchen logs; help wash dishes; help unload delivery truck; inventory and stock food supplies being sure to rotate accordingly; attain extensive knowledge of environmental management system and the correct use of kitchen equipment (such as steamers, ovens, mixers, grills, etc.) and use this knowledge in performing the job; possesses all knowledge and performs all tasks associated with the Dishwasher position.
As a team member you will be expected to follow all Aramark, National Park Service, and Glacier Bay Lodge policies and procedures pertaining to health, safety, and environmental practices, while consistently exhibiting the WEST guest philosophy and demonstrating integrity and respect in all you do. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Helps prepare food for the lodge restaurant, the boat, and the staff.
- Supports others in the kitchen with a variety of different tasks including, but not limited to, cleaning, mopping, prep work, and basic cooking (grilling, sautéing, baking, and frying) as well as batch cooking being sure to prepare food in accordance with the direction of the chef and in accordance with standardized recipes.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables by pealing and cutting them as directed by the chefs.
- Prepares and creates cold food options and cold food trays for guests and team members including, but not limited to, salads, dressings, fruit, and box lunches.
- Assists team members by running errands and helping with food preparation and cooking as requested being sure to prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes.
- Transfers desserts on to plates ready as needed and/or as directed.
- Utilizes attention to detail to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Maintains updated, accurate logs and follows all policies and procedures in compliance with HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) along with any other company specific policies while being sure to update the logs on a daily basis.
- Practices all HACCP, food safety, and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Attains extensive knowledge of how to correctly use kitchen equipment such as steamers, ovens, mixers, grills, and other equipment.
- Ensures a clean, safe, and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the kitchen at all times.
- Maintains a clean working/kitchen environment at all times. Example: by performing general kitchen cleaning including, but not limited to, keeping work areas clean, removing and disposing of old grease in fryers, taking out the trash, scrubbing floors, tables, as well as walls, cleaning bins, scrubbing behind equipment, deep cleaning pans, cleaning the walk-ins, cleaning refrigerators and freezers, and helping to clean the warehouse storage areas.
- Helps to reduce waste by using proper portion controls, cooking techniques, and performing tasks efficiently.
- Responsible for setting up, clearing, and breaking down work stations as well as the organization and rotation of products.
- Maintains a clean, organized storage space for clean kitchen utensils and small wares.
- Properly labels, covers, and stores unused food after each meal.
- Participates in inventorying and stocking food products and supplies, remembering to rotate accordingly.
- Ensures the proper chemicals are in use for specified task while using the proper PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Helps to wash and sort dishes, utensils, and cookware (following established procedures) and puts all items away in their designated areas.
- Helps unload and put away delivery trucks when orders come in.
- Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to manager immediately.
- Performs any opening and closing side work as assigned and/or required.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude in high stress situations.
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Experience working in food service
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 1 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.