Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Founded in 2008, LifeWorks Restaurant Group creates customized restaurants in office buildings that are unique to each client organization we serve. With Lifeworks Restaurant Group, our goal is to "Inspire life at work". We are an on-site customized restaurant group with the most inspirational service culture in the industry. We create custom restaurants each unique to the client organization, their culture, and building location. We take what can be a transactional experience and make it memorable by feeding the minds, souls and bodies of our guests, we create an experience and an environment that is safe, energizing and inspiring.
We are currently seeking the right individuals that are willing to embrace our values, our culture and join our mission to impact our customer's lives every day and everywhere. As Lifeworks continues to grow and expand our business, we offer up tremendous career opportunities. Our part time positions are perfect for students or if you're trying to find a second job. Our full time positions offer a flexible schedule, mostly Monday through Friday, and a great working environment along with full benefits.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lifeworksrestaurants.com/Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Sets up and breaks down work stations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Completes daily temperature logs
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Evaluates food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Cuts, trims, bones, and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.