Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
Responsible for the setting up, service and cleaning of kitchen area as directed by Executive Chef in accordance with Aramark standards of food quality and safety, sanitation policies. Essential Functions:
- Completes proper receiving, storage (including temperatures) and rotation of food products for compliance with Aramark procedures & health department regulations.
- Checks for color coordination and eye appeal of all food items, both hot and cold, using appropriate garnishes where practical.
- Ensures preparation of consistent high quality food.
- Follows proper serving methods, including serving correct portion sizes
- Adheres to established control procedures for cost & quality such as food production sheets, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records and food costing sheets.
- Ensures that standard recipes are being followed at all times.
- Break-downs and performs cleaning of various stations.
- Comply with rules regarding wage & hour for scheduling and meal /rest breaks.
- Documents & communications items for needed for ordering
- Follows Aramark policies and procedures regarding safety, sanitation and environmental policies and procedures and ensures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment. Complete necessary work order when things are not working properly.
- Works nights, weekends, and/or overtime if instructed by management
- Inspects all areas and locks secured areas at the end of shift.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or handouts.
- Employee is responsible for knowing the environmental aspects and associated impacts of their job position. Job specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts will be communicated by Manager during EMS training.
- Environmental objectives and targets will be communicated by managers for each dept. during EMS training.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for work to be compelted at the present time.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year directly related to cooking, operation of kitchen.
- Professional demeanor
- Proven attention to detail and ability to manage multiple pressing priorities.
- Current ServSafe certification and Washington State Food Handlers Card
- Demonstrated success working with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as PRIMA and Microsoft applications.
- Hospitality experience in a customer-centric, seasonally dynamic, multi-faceted environment.
Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.