The Medical Center of Aurora is Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn a Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence. This hospital has received multiple awards and or certifications for Primary Stroke, and Chest Pain. TMCA was ranked as a #4 hospital in the Denver Metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in US News & World Report's 2014-2015 Best Hospital Rankings. TMCA is a Level II Trauma Center and a Level III NICU. TMCA is also an Emergency Nurse Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016, State of the art Heart Care Tower, Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from America College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children's affiliation, and an affiliate of HealthOne, Denver's largest healthcare center.
- This position supports the mission of T he Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Cook is responsible for maintaining principles of proper hot and cold food production and other related activities. The Cook is responsible for seeing that food is prepared according to the menu; confers with the Executive Chef as to the use of leftovers; makes menu changes as necessary; maintains a high standard of food handling and cleanliness in work area. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza expects our core values to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community. The intent of these values is to assure that TMCA/CMP creates the environment where individuals choose to work, and that patient care services are of the highest quality.Qualifications:
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: None
- Education: None
- Experience: Minimum of two years Food Service experience as a cook helpful.
- Special Qualifications: Must be able to use various Food Service/institutional equipment. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must show good judgment and reliability. Must show good customer service skills. Must be able to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Degree of supervision required: Involves general guidance and direction by the Executive Chef, Supervisor on duty and as needed, the Director of Food & Nutritional Services. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Populations and Ages of Patients Served: This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category. The employee must be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families according to standards. (The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom