MEDICAL CITY FRISCO
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares daily hot food items for patient, staff and visitor meals including catering functions.
• Food Preparation, Quality, Accuracy.
• Maintains safety and sanitation in the department.
• Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
• Responsible for hot food production for patient trayline, doctor's dining, café and catering according to production needs.
• Communicates effectively with Chef and supervisors.
• Maintains food on serving lines for appearance and quality.
• Works as part of the FNS team, and contributes where needed.
High school diploma/GED preferred
Special Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.
MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must manage stress appropriately, make decisions under pressure, manage anger/fear/hostility/violence, handle multiple priorities and be able to work alone.
The incumbent may be exposed to toxics/caustics/chemicals/detergents, extreme conditions hot/cold (30F-115F), potential electrical shock and moving mechanical parts. The incumbent will spend approximately 75% of their time indoors.
MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. This position also requires that the incumbent, on some occasions, must be able to lift and/or carry items up to 25 pounds, push or pull items having a maximum weight of 50 pounds and be able to stoop, bend or kneel as necessary. During normal execution of the responsibilities of this job, the incumbent will sit approximately 0% of the time, stand 50% of the time and walk 50% of the time. This position will also require repetitive arm/hand movements and the incumbent must have visual acuity for near objects.
CONTACTS / INTERACTS WITH:
Employees, Visitors, Patients, Management Staff, Physicians, Volunteers
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom