Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
Position Summary: The Cook Supervisor supervises inmates to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production requirements. Trains workers in methods of performing duties and assigns/coordinates work to promote efficiency of operation. May requisition supplies and equipment to maintain inventory levels. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Determines daily schedules, work areas, and assignments for inmates and/or Aramark staff food service workers and cooks
- Oversees the completion of tasks
- Trains and guides inmates and staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Reviews monthly menu, conducts inventory, and ensures that the appropriate product is ordered
- Adheres to security procedures to facilitate the safety of yourself and others including ensuring that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation.
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Minimum of one (1) year of food prep or related work required
- Previous supervisory experience in a related role preferred
- Previous experience interacting with inmates a plus
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and policies
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs.