Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Functions:
- Sets up and breaks down work stations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Cooks and prepares food according to production guidelines and recipes
- Knowledge of food product, identification, and acceptable level of food quality
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time and follows all food safety standards
- Completes daily temperature logs
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Evaluates food quality and preparedness by tasting
- Cuts, trims, bones, and carves meats and poultry for cooking
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
- Assists in other areas as needed
- Adheres to weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as posted by management
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1½ years experience in the food service industry as a cook
- The ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- The ability to read and follow recipes
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Education or equivalent
- More than 3 years experience in the food service industry as a cook
Back-of-house. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.