Bayshore Medical Center - Houston, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Medical Staff Coordinator - Medical Staff Services
Bayshore Medical Center is currently looking for a Medical Staff Coordinator - Medical Staff Services
Coordinates the Medical Staff Credentialing functions in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws,
Corporate policies and JCAHO requirements.
Maintains Credential Files for Physicians and Allied Health Professionals in complete and current status.
- Processes applications and reapplications.
- Process requests for temporary privileges and locum tenens.
- Notifies all appropriate departments of new members of the Medical Staff, including those with temporary privileges and locum tenums, and all new privileges granted/approved or denied.
- Ensures compliance of dynamic credentials for providers and updates database.
- Ensures compliance with Licensure & Certification (QSG.QS.002)
Completes delegated responsibilities for assigned Medical Staff Department/Committee meetings.Qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years recent medical staff credentialing experience. Computer skills/knowledge. Medical terminology skills.
- Business College preferred. Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills. Excellent writing and composition skills. Must type 50-60 wpm. Excellent computer, word processing, database, and credentialing software skills. Must have ability to act on own initiative and be willing to assume responsibility and make decisions.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom