Military & Spouses of Military are now being offered a New Hire Bonus to join our HCA team of hospitals!!
HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families' success in the civilian work sector. Central Florida Regional Hospital,
a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery , interventional cardiology , electrophysiology , cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services . Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care , robotic surgery , wound care , acute inpatient medical rehabilitation , complete imaging services and The Baby Suites . Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a Level II trauma center and provides 24/7 emergency care both in Sanford and at Oviedo ER , a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake Road.
miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a Level II trauma center and provides 24/7 emergency care both in Sanford and at Oviedo ER , a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake Road. POSITION SUMMARY:
Coordinates the collection, evaluation, and dissemination of performance data relative to specified quality improvement programs within the hospital. Maintains documents and records according to state and federal health care standards. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately abstracts and analyzes data for the Core Measures, FMQAI project and any other assigned patient care outcome initiative.
- Coordinates Performance Improvement Committees/Teams, which includes meeting preparation, setting agendas, writing minutes, drafting applicable letters for committee chairpersons and ensuring all follow-up has been completed.
- Prepares physician reappointment quality profiles and other physician-related performance improvement project as assigned.
- Facilitates assigned process improvement initiatives by using problem-solving methodology, root cause analysis and/or Failure, Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with all members of the departmental team; communicates any service concern to director immediately. Continuously evaluates administrative operational procedures and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. "
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs. "
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals."
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
Completion of RN Diploma program. Experience:
One (1) to three (3) years recent experience within an acute clinical practice or related health care position Licensure:
Current FL Registered Nurse License required or ARNP Skills:
Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, ability to multi-task, capable of daily problem-solving complex issues
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom