This position reflects advanced experience and/or expertise respiratory therapy. The coordinator will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, continuous quality improvement efforts and professional initiatives. This individual will assist the Department Director in their absence and assist with other duties as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Treatment is provided in compliance with the Hospital, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals and Medicare guidelines and regulations. .
- Supports of the Hospital and department at all times, participate in the Respiratory Therapy Service and Hospital's Performance Improvement efforts.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and improving Respiratory Therapy, EKG, EEG and EMG knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to function independently and posses evaluation and decision making skills.
- Mentors and/or oversees the clinical practice of all department staff.
- Participation in professional initiatives and staff development.
Current Colorado State Respiratory License
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Membership in professional organization (AARC, CSRC, NBRC) B. Education:
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy Program
Bachelors or Master degree preferred C. Experience:
2-5 years clinical experience
Previous supervisory experience required