This position reflects advanced experience and/or expertise respiratory therapy. The coordinator will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, continuous quality improvement efforts and professional initiatives. This individual will assist the Department Director in their absence and assist with other duties as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Treatment is provided in compliance with the Hospital, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals and Medicare guidelines and regulations. .
- Supports of the Hospital and department at all times, participate in the Respiratory Therapy Service and Hospital's Performance Improvement efforts.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and improving Respiratory Therapy, EKG, EEG and EMG knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to function independently and posses evaluation and decision making skills.
- Mentors and/or oversees the clinical practice of all department staff.
- Participation in professional initiatives and staff development.
Current Colorado State Respiratory License
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Membership in professional organization (AARC, CSRC, NBRC) B. Education:
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Respiratory Therapy Program
Bachelors or Master degree preferred C. Experience:
2-5 years clinical experience
Previous supervisory experience required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom