Located on the east side of Grand Strand Medical Center campus the Radiation Therapy Department includes outpatient and inpatient radiation oncology services utilizing a number of advanced treatment options that allow us to treat tumors previously considered untreatable and minimize your time and discomfort. We also offer other resources and accommodations to answer your questions, make sure you are comfortable and ensure that your time spent here goes smoothly.
The new building expansion, will connect the Radiation Oncology Department to the existing Grand Strand Medical Center. We will proudly offer patients the utmost in functional, modern space and cutting-edge technologies. At the Grand Strand, we are committed to setting a new standard in cancer treatment and demonstrating the true power of what community oncology can be. Position Summary:
- Under general supervision, the Survivorship Program Coordinator works in collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the healthcare team, by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the survivors care plan.
- This includes coordinating care, obtaining pertinent patient information/records, maintaining patient care record, providing patient and family/significant other education, anticipating patient needs , and supporting patients throughout the survivorship continuum.
- Also serves as a resource person to provide assistance and information for the infusion center and support services.
- This person reviews the literature and participates in clinical education activities to maintain current knowledge in oncology nursing.
- Provides treatment summary and follow-up plan to the patient at the end of active treatment.
- Notifies patient at pivotal touch points to ensure compliance and proper surveillance.
- Insures compliance with Commission on Cancer Accreditation.
- Stimulates long term patient retention in the HCA hospital continuum.
- Assessing the cancer patient for education needs.
- Assessing barriers to complying with cancer surveillance plan.
- Scheduling appointment with key physicians as needed on the cancer care team.
- Address quality of life issues such as coordination of care, patient -provider communication, health promotion, support services, fertility preservation and cancer treatment side effects management.
- Assist Palliative Care Program as needed
- BS in a clinical science or Current license as a Registered Nurse/LPN to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS - Healthcare provider and other certifications as defined by department.
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in oncology preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and Satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom