Rapides Regional Medical Center
Care Assure Patient Coordinator - PRN GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Care Assure Patient Coordinator is responsible for working with the patients and physician offices to schedule follow up care. S/he facilitates patient follow-up through scheduling, information transfer, and communication in order to improve continuity of care. The incumbent guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers. Serves as a point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not intended to be all inclusive but rather to indicate the primary emphasis of the job and establish the parameters for the necessary skill, effort, responsibility and working conditions that make up the job.
• Care Assure Coordinators will work closely with Nurse Coordinators to ensure appropriate outpatient follow up
• Receive patient records from Nurse Navigators for identified patients requiring outpatient follow-up by primary care physicians and cardiologists.
• Organize and group patients by individual physician and physician office to facilitate efficient calls with office staff
• Care Assure will manage weekly communication with physician offices
• Create weekly communication schedules to minimize number of calls to physician offices
• Call physician offices to make appointments for appropriate patients and track appointment progress for scheduled patients
• Care Assure Coordinators will communicate with patients to ensure attendance to appointments
• Communicate appointment logistics (i.e., date, time, location) About Rapides Regional Medical Center
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospital participates in the Medicare, Medicaid and Champus programs as well as a number of commercial insurance and managed care programs.
Rapides Regional Medical Center offers a wide array of services including general medicine, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, bypass surgery, cardiac rehabilitation, neurology, neurosurgery, intensive care and telemetry, oncology services, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopaedic services, physical therapy, skilled nursing services, respiratory therapy, lithotripsy and various outpatient services. At the beginning of 2012, Rapides Regional Medical Center became the first verified Level II Trauma Center in Louisiana. The medical staff includes physicians in more than 30 medical specialties.
Rapides Regional Medical Center set a shining example by becoming a three-time winner of the Louisiana Quality Award. This award honors businesses and organizations that are leaders in the pursuit of quality and service. Rapides Regional Medical Center was also honored by being named one of the nation's "100 Top Hospitals - Benchmarks for Success." The annual study lists hospitals based on quality, operations and financial management. In addition, we operate the area's first Certified Stroke Center, offering comprehensive stroke care from the minute a patient walks through our door to the time they go home. Plus we are the only accredited, Cycle III Chest Pain Center in Central Louisiana. Benefits for Full Time Employees include:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Benefits
• Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communications skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC Skills/Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc. EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED); Associates degree in business or related field preferred. EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 1 year of directly related work experience in patient registration, billing or collections in a hospital or physician office setting. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom