Integrated Regional Laboratories Coordinator Section Full-time, 11P-7A
University Hospital & Medical Center
Tamarac, FL Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) includes thirteen HCA hospital laboratories in Palm Beach, Broward, Dade, Saint Lucie and Okeechobee counties and one Core Laboratory in Broward County. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations in the HCA East Florida market into an integrated service network.
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description
Coordinates the activities of technical and/or non-technical functions of the department on assigned shifts under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager, or director. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licensed, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing. Performs technical and non-technical duties in assigned areas of responsibility as required.
Key duties include, but are not limited to coordination of quality control, scheduled equipment maintenance, personnel training, regulatory inspection preparation, and scheduling. Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Apply Online Now!! Qualifications:
- Designs, organizes, coordinates, delegates work flow to ensure turn-around time objectives are met for morning delivery.
- Concurrently monitors employee and departmental performance to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, timelines and regulatory requirements
- Is proficient with personal computers and information systems relative to job duties
- Excellent team building and organizational skill to interact with co-workers to promote a harmonious and cooperative working environment
- Thorough knowledge and application of principles of effective communication
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze and recommend action to be taken
- Performs stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrates the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
- Performs quality control procedures per protocol, completes necessary documentation. Assists supervisor and/or department head in assuring that quality control is performed as scheduled.
- Assists supervisor and/or department head in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Proficiency testing samples are analyzed according to instructions and are completed within the allowable time frame.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Must be licensed as a Medical Technologist in the state of FL
- Associate Degree, Science Post Graduate degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a medical technologist
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting.