At Opower (now a part of Oracle Utilities), we're working to change the way people think about their energy use-and succeeding in helping them use less. In this role, you'll be part of a mini creative agency, where you'll work closely with designers to create compelling marketing materials for our 100 utility clients across the country and all over the world. From emails to banner ads and beyond, you'll be in charge of crafting clear and persuasive copy, all while remaining true to a variety of brand personalities.
Location: Downtown San Francisco (CA). Full time (sorry no corp to corp or 1099) with full Oracle benefits
You'll love it here if you...
• Enjoy working on a team and have strong interpersonal communication skills
• Advocate for getting the details just right
• Are comfortable producing quality work under tight deadlines
• Are great with time management and work well handling multiple projects at once
• Dive deep into the world of energy efficiency and behavioral science to turn complex topics into content that empowers people to save more energy
• Work across a variety of digital and print communication channels
• Edit client copy and advise on content strategy
• Report to our creative director and collaborate with copywriters, graphic designers, strategists, and account managers, as well as UX designers and researchers
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 2 or more years of copywriting under your belt
**Please send us a cover letter along with your resume. A portfolio is required with application-either a link or pdf.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Development of communication programs to promote Oracle*s products and services.
Integrate advertising into the marketing campaigns. Maintain regular interface within the organization and with external suppliers and agencies. Plan and manage pan-geography corporate and local campaign media plans. Plan, manage and implement corporate and local campaign advertising creative. Use professional concepts, company policies, procedures and own creativity handling local campaigns - and arrange sign off with appropriate management level. Integrate all advertising across the communications mix. Maintain and communicate brand advertising guidelines. Provide support and input when assisting with partner advertising. Manage resources within the terms of project budget. Develop and manage brand communications audit. Measure advertising effectiveness.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Five years relevant work experience. A proven track record in advertising across geography, five years experience, within a reputable global agency or major industry leader.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.