Works in a creative partnership with an art director and designers to develop and produce effective marketing and advertising on behalf of the company. Writes original copy that is brand compliant, such as body copy, headlines, messaging and themes for brochures, websites, banner ads, scripts, posters, flyers, and other relevant marketing collateral. Meets with internal clients to discuss project requirements, objectives and background information. May be responsible for managing projects and campaigns from production to completion. This may include working with outside vendors including printers, photographers, designers and production companies. Manages contract copywriters and oversees their workload. Other responsibilities include advising and editing other creative writers and editors.
• Writing communications for marketing, advertising, direct response copy, direct mail campaigns and solicitations, account management communications, brochures and collateral materials. Partner with art directors to brainstorm and generate concepts.
• Developing creative concepts and ideas for an entire marketing communication including copy. Attend consumer research, keep up to date on marketing trends and best practices, share info with team members
• Collaborate with an art director and creative director to make sure that copy and design are working most effectively, and to brainstorm ideas for newer, bigger projects. Interacting with internal clients
• Participate in department or company-wide initiatives and activities
• Bachelors Degree or Military Experience.
• At least 4 years of experience in Writer with an advertising agency or in-house creative department.
• At least 2 years of experience in Project Management.
• At least 5 years of experience in Writer with an advertising agency or in-house creative department, direct mail copywriting, advertising copywriting.
• At least 5 years of experience in Writing for marketing purposes.
• At least 1 year of experience in Copywriting in an advertising or marketing agency, writing for financial services company.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.