Location: Women's Imaging Center at Methodist Plaza
4499 Medical Drive, Suite 171, San Antonio, TX 78229
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services in San Antonio, Texas. STRIC prides itself in providing exceptional customer service in every aspect of their business, with highly qualified and experienced registered technologists performing medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. STRIC's growth strategy is centered around adapting to the needs of its patients by continually adjusting to a constantly changing environment. For more information go to http:/stric.com.
General Statement of Duties:
This position is responsible for ensuring the appropriate level of protocol for proper biopsy procedures. Provides good communication by explaining procedures to patients and communicates with radiologists regarding additional views, studies and proper procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides and facilitates good communication by using proper telephone etiquette, and forwards information efficiently.
2. Ability to perform all nursing duties during core biopsy procedures as needed. 3. Ability to perform breast stereo localizations for patients who are scheduled for excision biopsies. Explains procedures to the patients before and during procedures.
4. Orders and restocks all required equipment and supplies in a timely manner. 5. Is in constant communication with radiologists for additional views, studies and proper biopsy procedures.
6. Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of biopsy room and equipment. Responsible for cleaning and preparing all biopsy trays for sterilization.
7. Maintains ACR guidelines of QC/QA for the stereotactic core biopsy unit.
Minimum Education and Experience: High School Graduate (or GED); graduation from an AMA approved radiologic technology program.
A minimum of 2-3 years experience necessary and a minimum of two years performing modalities.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Must be ARRT certified in Mammography and certified by the Texas Department of Health.
Must have a current CPR certification.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom