Braun Medical Inc. ("B.Braun"), a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. B.Braun is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiatives, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services, and exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. B.Braun has national sales teams that support sales within its many divisions, including Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Personal Care, OEM, and International.
B.Braun USA is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and employs over 4,500 people. Globally, B.Braun is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies which employs more than 58,000 employees in more than 64 countries. Primary U.S. affiliates include B. Braun Interventional Systems, Inc., Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS), Aesculap, Inc., and Aesculap Implant Systems LLC. B.Braun's manufacturing facilities in the U.S. are located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Irvine, California, and Carollton, Texas, with plans to open a new facility in Daytona Beach, Florida. B.Braun USA also owns a subsidiary with manufacturing facilities located in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
This Corporate Attorney is responsible for drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts, which may include, without limitation, sales, distribution, marketing, business development, supply, rental and other types of agreements, as may be requested from time to time. The Corporate Attorney will also manage various legal matters, as may be requested from time to time to meet the needs of the Company and the Legal Department. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Draft and negotiate agreements.
- Manage various legal matters and issues
- Support various needs of the Legal Department, as requested
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Specific experience drafting and negotiating a broad range of agreements commonly needed in the medical device/pharma industry, such as, without limitation, sales and purchasing agreements, equipment rental agreements, marketing and business development agreements, service and supply agreements, distribution agreements, equipment rental agreements, and icense agreements.
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills; must be able to draft agreements from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing workloads with changing priorities to meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
- Handle long-term and/or complex legal projects with significant financial or other business impact.
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as superior analytical and writing skills.
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues, Anti-kickback laws, false claims act, foreign-corrupt practices act, Physician Payments Sunshine Act, HIPAA, and FDA regulations.
- JD Degree from an accredited law school
- Minimum 5 years transactional and contract drafting/negotiating experience
- JD degree from a top tier law school; graduating in top 15% of the class
- Member in good standing of the Pennsylvania Bar
- Five or more years healthcare transactional experience in the commercial or healthcare department of a major law firm, with a combination of in-house experience at a medical device or pharmaceutical company
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of contracts, including sales agreements, distribution agreements, rental and license agreements, marketing and business development agreements, supply, and other agreements in the medical device/pharma industry
- Knowledge of intellectual property issues, Anti-kickback laws, false claims act, foreign-corrupt practices act, Physician Payments Sunshine Act, HIPAA, and FDA regulations
- Career-minded individual with ties to the Lehigh valley area
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.