Corporate Content Marketing Editor
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
Monsanto's Corporate Marketing and Digital Team is seeking a highly motivated Corporate Content Marketing Editor
who will report to the Global Content Marketing Lead. This role is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and organization that is charged with helping multiple stakeholders understand and advocate for modern agriculture.
The Corporate Content Marketing Editor is responsible for editing marketing content created by the internal content marketing team as well as external agency partners, ensuring accuracy, logic, flow, adherence to brand voice and ultimately, best-in-class final product. The role will also have copywriting responsibilities. Key Responsibilities:
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
- Proofread and edit marketing content in a variety of formats created by the internal content marketing team as well as external agency partners
- Review and edit content for grammar, logic and flow in addition to style, tone and voice using expert knowledge of brand and campaign guidelines
- Review and edit content based on audience, making sure it effectively tells the story using a thorough understanding of their needs
- Review and edit content with a global lens ensuring ease of translation
- Assist in fact checking to ensure content accuracy
- Use knowledge of SEO best practices when reviewing digital content to help drive measurable performance
- Use data analytics to inform content editing; provide language and visual recommendations and test variations based on learnings
- Work with global stakeholders to localize content while ensuring consistency in execution
- Monitor and report on global content providing recommendations to ensure consistency and alignment
- Monitor and report on industry content, identifying opportunities for modern agriculture advocacy and curated content
- Conduct language and visual audits of existing content across channels to ensure consistency and alignment
- Write copy to support new content creation and development opportunities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and understand content critical information such as business objectives, audiences, channels, and subject matter details
- Manage translation process and files as needed ensuring timely delivery, accuracy, and organization
- Assist in asset and content management and organization, ensuring content and copy files are correctly named and uploaded/saved in the appropriate locations
- Assist in obtaining necessary content approvals
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- 3-5 years of working experience in journalism, communications, marketing, and/or public relations
- Exceptional editing and writing skills
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Affinity for and experience in writing and editing impactful content
- Exceptionally strong verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex technical information into compelling messages for broader audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously by leading team-based collaboration and enforcing effective accountability models for deliverables
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal effectiveness
- Results orientation
- Strategic thinker
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain successful relationships engendering trust and higher degrees of collaboration
Who is Monsanto?
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- General knowledge of graphic design
- General knowledge of video and photography
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you? Why work with us?
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.