With minimal direction, this position is responsible for standardizing and managing the Global battery acid fill, formation, testing, preparation for shipment, and separation for distribution process.
- Develops new equipment and processes for battery filling, formation and cleaning.
- Develops new equipment and processes for movement, storage, and internal distribution of batteries. Will also work on creating decoration and for shipment in accordance with current engineering standards and quality requirements.
- Collaborates with manufacturing facilities to implement new processes and equipment.
- Executes design validation builds, prototype builds, and production validation builds and testing.
- Manages Manufacturing Engineering projects to scope, on time and within budget requirements.
- Develop and expand on existing technologies to address immediate production needs. Drive global standardization. Investigate and propagate Best Business Practices for Power Solutions.
- Specific technology work may developing, expanding, or modifying: battery filling, acid evacuation, high-rate discharge, leakage testers, laser marking, vision systems, automatic or semi-automatic label application, robotic applications, material handling systems, automated assembly or decoration equipment
- Works within company ERP to verify or modify specific data such as decoration bill of materials, pallet patterns and quantities.
- Participates and occasionally leads Process flow diagram and PFMEA reviews
- Works within matrix organization to deliver requirements of 1PLUS Program Management system
- Bachelor degree or higher in an engineering discipline required, Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science Engineering preferred.
- Minimum six years of experience in manufacturing environment designing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Previous experience with Packaging or Material Handling equipment highly desired.
- Should be considered an expert in industrial controls. PLC and HMI programming needed with preference to A-B and Siemens.
- Previous exposure to robotics, automation or AGVs highly desired.
- Previous experience with VisionSystems highly preferred.
- Travel 40% to 60%, domestic and international.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.