HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
JOB SUMMARY - The attorney will be responsible for drafting agreements, legal review of agreements, negotiations with opposing parties on terms for agreements, and providing advice, consultation and training to business negotiators on issues related to agreements, primarily with suppliers of products, equipment, services, and software used by HealthTrust members and HCA affiliates.
DUTIES (included but not limited to) -
- Provide legal support for vendor contracts to be entered into between any supplier of products, equipment, services, and/or computer software and HealthTrust for access by HealthTrust member institutions
- Provide legal support for vendor contracts to be entered into between any supplier of products, equipment, services, and/or computer software and any HCA affiliated entity, including HCA Supply Chain operations, HCA Divisions and Facilities, HCA corporate departments, and Parallon
- Provide legal support for membership agreements related to HealthTrust, CoreTrust, and Advantage Trust GPO programs
- Draft agreements and templates, coordinate with the .internal business clients to ensure proper legal documents are used; review edits proposed by other contracting parties; negotiate with other parties to arrive at mutually acceptable language; and assist business clients in finalizing documents for signatures
- Provide legal guidance on contract interpretation and other legal issues related to group purchasing and supply chain operations
- Draft and negotiate custom pricing agreements for specific HealthTrust members
- Provide legal guidance on compliance with various healthcare and/or fair competition laws and regulations, especially the anti-kickback laws, antitrust laws, the Discount Safe Harbor, and the GPO Safe Harbor
- Coordinate responses to subpoenas and government requests for information and documents
- Assist i n the drafting and implementation of policies regarding the contracting process and ethics and compliance matters
- Provide legal support for international sourcing initiatives
- Conduct presentations or training or participate in training activities as requested by Managing Counsel or Chief Legal Officer
- Accomplish special projects as assigned by Managing Counsel and Chief Legal Officer
- JD degree from an accredited Law School
- Minimum 4 years' experience in independent handling of legal review of supplier agreements
- Previous experience in a law firm strongly preferred
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge and understanding of software license terms; product warranty terms, indemnities and limitation of liability provisions, and HIPAA regulations.
- Must be a current member of the TN Bar, ability to be waived into the TN Bar, or willing to take the TN Bar exam at the earliest opportunity.