Description The Assistant General Counsel will be part of a diverse and talented legal team responsible for data use innovation in our multi-product ecosystem in compliance with global data protection and privacy regulations. The AGC will be a privacy regulation expert - able to understand the most important privacy-related laws, regulations and standards that apply to Intuit's businesses, and be accountable for training both business and legal partners on those rules. The AGC will help drive Intuit's data stewardship vision and collaborate on data privacy and interrelated regulatory issues -- driving, partnering, and helping develop innovative approaches to complex issues. Understand and ensure compliance with privacy and tax regulations by closely partnering with product developers, central technology, engineers, data governance, marketing, and data science leaders regarding data use/data sharing/product features, enabling data innovation and experimentation, open platform strategy, and data sharing across our ecosystem of multiple applications and offerings This individual will be capable of working successfully in multi-product ecosystems, at multiple levels with a wide variety of constituents and will have a strong technical background. Intuit has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for an AGC, Privacy. Any resumes sent directly to Intuit will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. Responsibilities:
- Help evolve the Company's global privacy program and help drive strategy to ensure compliance with global privacy and cybersecurity requirements working closely with the CPO, CISO, CTO, CIO and Corporate Affairs
- Help develop and maintain effective and appropriate policies, procedures and supporting documentation to demonstrate compliance; and further develop integrated compliance strategies across the Company to optimize new data use and innovations for customer benefit
- Build strong partnerships across all of Intuit's groups including legal, compliance, information security, HR, technology infrastructure, product management and development, sales and marketing, data science and internal audit
- Evaluate evolving laws and regulations and provide comprehensive advice regarding their impact to Intuit businesses, products, services and technology infrastructure
- Advise product, central technology and data science and innovation teams regarding proposed or potential data use/product features, and clearly communicate and help non-experts understand applicable regulations and requirements
- Partner with the security team to ensure parallel evolution/improvement of security policies, controls and rapid incident response
- Review acquisition targets to determine the extent of privacy and data protection policies and practices and prioritize integration requirements
- Other responsibilities include handling: incident and breach management, digital marketing and online behavioral tracking/OBA, direct marketing, TCPA, cross border data flow/privacy shield, and cybersecurity requirements
- 10+ years of experience practicing privacy and data protection in-house, at a top law firm or in a regulatory capacity
- Knowledge of and experience analyzing and advising on global privacy laws and data protection regulations, including the EU GDPR, Privacy Shield, PIPEDA, FTC Act/Section 5, GLBA, FCRA
- Possess knowledge and experience analyzing and applying federal, state, and global laws related to privacy and data protection, including regulations and requirements related to financial products and services, online services and e-commerce, mobile apps, information and cyber security, consumer notice and disclosure requirements
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate and drive innovation at multiple levels
- JD from a top law school and good standing with at least one U.S. State Bar
- Engineering, technology, or businesses background a plus and/or a technical undergrad degree
- Think Strategically - Intuit is seeking an individual with outstanding business acumen, who hits the sweet- spot of being strategic and "hands-on"
- Drives for Results - Candidate will have demonstrated a track record of success in achieving high-impact business results in a complex and multi-business-line work environment
- Demonstrated open and frequent communications at all levels of the organization with a genuine sensitivity and commitment to the development needs of the organization
- Innovate for Impact - Energize the organization to drive continuous improvement and explore and implement creative ideas to significantly improve performance
- Inspire for Action - Positively affect behavior of others to achieve high performance and personal satisfaction through a sense of purpose and spirit of collaboration
If you are interested in speaking further about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Danielle Ryan (email@example.com) at Kerwin Associates. Kerwin Associates is a Bay Area based executive legal search firm specializing in the recruitment of attorneys and legal professionals for in-house legal departments. Our clients - corporations, startups and investment firms - are located in one of the most innovative technology centers in the world.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Patent Counsel Senior Issue Manager - Tech Policy Senior Issue Manager - Tech Policy See More…