At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
United States : New Jersey : Morristown
Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable
Primary responsibilities of this attorney will be to provide legal support to the MetLife third party institutional investment management platform, which includes multiple private funds and managed accounts in various asset classes for both domestic and international institutional clients. Responsibilities will also include legal support for review of marketing materials, new product structuring, private fund formation and drafting and negotiation of legal documents with respect to such products. Frequent advice and counsel with respect to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Alternative Investment Fund Manager’s Directive and FINRA’s institutional broker dealer rules.
Experience representing a broker-dealer desirable but not required.
Reports to: SVP & Associate General Counsel
• Formation and structuring of private funds and other strategic products as they are developed by the business teams;
• Review and negotiation of fund and other product documentation, including LPAs, PPMs, investment management agreements;
• Provision of legal advice in support of institutional investment management platform and its products, including advice and counsel in connection with marketing materials, Investment Advisors Act of 1940, Alternative Investment Fund Manager’s Directive and FINRA’s institutional broker dealer rules;
• Able to work proactively and independently, analyze and handle complex legal matters with minimal supervision, draft complex legal documents and negotiate matters with internal and external constituents unaided;
• Ability to prepare, initiate, advocate and effectively present legal points and recommendations to influence clients and to represent clients as legal counsel;
• Maintain diplomatic client relationships and provides education of business partners on relevant legal developments while growing own business acumen; and
• Efficient monitoring and management of outside counsel’s work product and costs.
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 8422